What are the latest trends in packaging? The market research company Mintel has announced five trends set to impact the global packaging industry during 2018.
Some of these trends you’ve likely seen on store shelves, while others continue to emerge.
“Our packaging trends for 2018 reflect the most current and forward-looking consumer attitudes, actions, and purchasing behaviors in both global and local markets,” said David Luttenberger, Global Packaging Director at Mintel. “Such trends as those we see emerging in e-commerce packaging have stories that are just now being written. Others, such as the attack on plastics, are well into their third or even fourth chapters, but with no clear ending in sight. It is those backstories and future-forward implications that position Mintel’s 2018 Packaging Trends as essential to retailer, brand, and package converter strategies during the coming year and beyond.”
Among the 5 Key Trends:
- Brands will put marine conservation at the forefront of packaging development.
- E-commerce packaging will elevate to keep up with in-store experience.
- Brands will benefit from short and concise package messaging with only the essentials.
- Packaging will become important in reducing global food and product waste.
- Contemporary packaging will become popular in center store aisles.
Read more about these packaging trends below in the infographic below: